As an additional way to protect our patients and ourselves, we are observing specific protocols to minimize the chance of exposure. This form outlines our guidelines and our request for you to observe them.
Prior to Appointment
If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions, then we should postpone or wait additional time before having you come in as a “voluntary quarantine” measure:
- Do you have a history of any recent travel outside of New Mexico within the last 14 days? Yes/No
- Have you had a fever or symptoms of lower respiratory illness, such as cough or shortness of breath? Yes/No
- Have you had close contact with any person who has been confirmed as contracting Covid-19? Yes/No
- Have you had close contact with any healthcare worker whose primary purpose recently has been working directly with people who have contracted Covid-19? Yes/No
- As per current order from the governor, a mask MUST be worn during your appointment
- If you are being dropped off by someone else, please be aware that only the patient with the appointment will be allowed in the office unless you require assistance from a caregiver or family member, which we will make appropriate exceptions for.
At The Appointment
- Whether you come by yourself or are dropped off, when you arrive, remain in your vehicle and someone will be out to check you in for your visit.
- If you are a new patient and have paperwork on hand or need to fill out paperwork, we will collect it at the time of your arrival if completed or take it out to you to complete in your vehicle.
- Once we are ready for you to come into the office, we will notify you at your vehicle and will escort you in to the office for your appointment at which time contact will end with office staff and begin with Dr. Heyman.
- We will be wearing a mask during your visit and remind you that you will be required to wear yours during the duration of your appointment in the office.
After the Appointment
- We will sterilize all surfaces you contacted in any room you visited. We are telling you about this so that you are reassured that this has been done for any patient seen prior to your arrival, for your safety and for everyone else.
We, of course, see all of the protocols as temporary, for the protection of you, our staff, and our other patients. The Covid-19 virus will not affect us long-term, and we fully expect to get back to our real lives before too long!
Dr. Kelly Heyman, Au.D.
5 Caliente Road, Suite 5
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87508
Phone: (505) 466-7526 – Fax: (505) 466-7528